My formal name is Margaret but I go by Peggy. I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT #117151) and a licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (PCC #8648). I obtained my M.A. in Counseling Psychology from Palo Alto University. My first career was as a middle school teacher and art teacher, teaching youth aged 5-18. I am a working artist and a certified yoga teacher and use both art and yoga extensively in my practice, as well as play therapy and Sandtray.
I feel confident in working with issues like depression, anxiety, life transitions, relationships, trauma and grief/loss. My clients range in age from 4 years to 104 years old. I recently learned Brainspotting and have been successful in treating trauma and intrusive thoughts. I am eclectic in my interventions but was trained in Existential Humanism at Agesong’s Gero-Wellness Institute in San Francisco. I am solution-focused, strength-based and use Expressive Arts, yoga and Sandtray to help my clients. I have been successful using Mindfulness and meditation for people suffering from anxiety and stress. Every client is different, and I tailor my interventions to the individual.
- Member of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Member of Chi Sigma Iota.
- Private practice office in San Mateo, CA
- Personal Counselor at Cañada College in Redwood City, CA
- Personal Counselor at Skyline College in San Bruno, CA
- Child therapist at El Granada Elementary School in El Granada, near Half Moon Bay.
- Therapist to elders and disabled persons at Agesong – University Campus.
- Co-taught groups about Mindfulness and Yoga.
- Volunteered at Star Vista’s crisis line in San Mateo, working with callers with suicidal ideation and utilizing crisis intervention.
- Brainspotting: Level 1, Level 2 and Expansion Brainspotting, certified in 2021